Friday, September 14, 2012

Good News - Tutoring and Lessons

More Good News,

I just got more students to teach! They are very nice, they are in my ward, and they have tripled my productivity. And their mom is really fun! We had the most excellent chat about how she moved/grew up in London around the 1980s and got to see all the break-out British 80's bands in concert: U2, Duran Duran, UB40, Depeche Mode? I can't remember if that was one of them. She rattled off a bunch. She is also originally from Barbados so she just has a pretty cool accent in general. It was so fun to chat after the lessons, Adeline was conked out in my arms and I wanted her to still get a good nap and I knew loading her into the car would wake her up. So Margaret and I might go to lunch soon. Maybe I'll just have her over for lunch. Her kids are between 15-11 yrs so they are all at school anyway. Maybe she works. I don't know, we'll figure it out.

Her kids are so nice and Adeline really warmed up to everyone today. On Tuesday I do two piano lessons for the two boys, and on Thursday I help all three of them with their math hw. Their daughter is going to start taking voice from me too! I also have two other piano students from another sweet family on Wed. And then I do a voice lesson downtown on Fri. It would be nice to have them all happen on one day, but spacing them out throughout the week is kind of nice too! Adeline seems to be okay with it. And I really enjoy doing it, it doesn't feel like work at all! And the students already seem to be progressing and are learning more and more. Huzzah!

It's ridiculously late, I promised myself I would be in bed by midnight (look how well that went?) and I need rest really bad. (That recipe took WAY longer to upload than I anticipated.) I need to be a good sleeping girl while Adam's away. I'm going to the temple tomorrow and hopefully I can keep my eyes open! Every day he's been away I've gotten more and more lazy and I have got to get back on a good schedule. I keep procrastinating doing my sit-ups. (I'm in a 10,000 crunches in 100 days group, I'm 1/4 of the way!) And I need to get them out of the way so I don't just keep putting them off and staying up later and later.

'Nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite.
-Danelle
P.S. It's hard to be a perfectionist AND a procrastinator. ~Does not compute.~

No comments: