Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our Apartment

Well hello friends!

It has been almost three months since Adam and I have been living in St. Louis. I've been taking pictures here and there but it has taken some gumption to finally get them up on the blog. Here's some photos of our fun apartment. It is in a pretty good spot by Washington University campus and Forest Park. The buildings nearby, like on Skinker and Lindell Boulevard, are just beautiful and I've taken some walks around them and taken pictures of them too. But first things first...

Here is the outside of our building. Ours is the one on the left.



We have just gotten back from church and Adam is entering the building.



I like the cool tile on the floor in the entry way to our building. Oh yeah, we have an intercom system in the front and people can buzz us and we can talk to them and then buzz them in, just like on Seinfeld. It's a good thing too, because we live on the third floor and it can be a lot of steps when you go up and down repeatedly, like when we are taking up a lot of groceries.



Our mailboxes.



You can see our car parked on the street outside the stairwell window.



Our door is on the right. Our friend Mark lives on the left. He's very cool and friendly, he's a second year law student, and we had him over for dinner.



And here we go inside!

We have a big pillar in our living room/dining area. It's kinda silly, but I'll bet it's load-bearing and very important.



Some different views of our main entry/living room/kitchen/dining area. :) I like it. One day I will finish that painting.



We love our kitchen! It is an improvement over our last one. It is much bigger, we have more storage and countertop space, and we have a dishwasher! Very importante!





Hey Hina, do you recognize the Yucca plant you got us?? ;-)





Wow, I wish it was ALWAYS this clean.

There are some noisy birds nesting on the outside of our bedroom window. I hear their scratching and tweeting in the early morning.



I guess it's a Missouri thing or something, but there is a "sunroom" on the back of our bedroom and it gets a lot of light. I guess some people use it as an extra closet or storage room, but I wanted to start a garden so I got some planters and seeds and the plants are doing pretty good. I just recently bought some basil. Can't wait to start cooking with fresh basil all the time. :) This sunroom also houses my piano and piano books and painting stuff quite nicely. It's like a nice bonus room.





I thought it might be fun to paint an orchid.



Some fun pictures of us and our parents. :) I had fun making a mosiac of beach shells on the frames.



There is a beautiful church and a school just a block away from our apartment. We hear the churchbells ringing every hour or so, and they really let 'em ring at noon. It's wacky. But it's kind of cool. I love the church's architecture.



Big wooden doors.



There is a fancy relief over the entrance of the school, I really like it. There is so much detail in lots of St. Louis' architecture. They like to use a lot of stone and brick.



P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped move us in up those three crazy floors! Thanks Matt and Sarah and Anne and Nathan and Gwendolyn and Campion. :)

3 comments:

Christine said...

I think your apartment is SOOOO CUTE!! I think the sunroom is especially rad.

Danelle said...

Oh, I really dig that sunroom. If you ever visit you can play around, play the piano, and paint a picture in there. Or water my plants. Which reminds me, I need to water those plants! Thanks for thinking our apartment is cute. It's funny because parts of it are definitely NOT rectangular, some boards and walls slant and aren't measured very well, but it's hard to tell unless you're seeing it every day or cleaning nooks and crannies. But it's got the stuff we really need! I <3 dishwashers!!!

Janae said...

Your apartment looks cute. Looks like a fun place to live. i love that park you guys went to, how beautiful. We just moved back to Utah so now I am stuck with ugly brown surroundings instead of the beautiful green I am used to. :( so sad for me. Anyways, you look like your having fun. Talk to you soon!