Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sept and Oct 2007

Oh dear, I'm going in reverse. There were some pics that I missed.

Adam and I found a cheap hotel in New York City around the time of the big tennis matches known as the U.S. Open, coincidently around Sept 2nd, the time of our first anniversary. It was a deal not easily passed up. We found good airfare and before we knew it, we were having a grand first anniversary in the Big Apple. (Kudos to Adam for doing nearly all of the trip planning and execution!)

We got tickets to Conan O'Brien! And we hung out around 30 Rockefeller, Top of the Rock had one of the best views and hardly any crowds!, and took the NBC Studios tour and the Radio City Music Hall tour. So many great things! The museums and art galleries are amazing. I especially love The MET Cloisters. They can be found a little north of Manhattan. It was a little trek for me and Adam. We had to do some subway riding and walking and try to get our bearings here and there, but I still HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it.





















We got to meet a Rockette. They have to be between 5'6'' and 5'10 1/2''. She was one of the taller Rockettes.



Crappy cell phone pic of the Conan set. But we weren't supposed to be taking pictures of it. I'm sooo naughty!



Waiting in line for Conan. We felt like Chattel.



We also got some cheap tickets to some great musicals, Spamalot, Curtains (with David Hyde Pierce), and Phantom of the Opera. We weren't planning on seeing Phantom, but Adam found some third row seats for $60 a piece and it would be silly for us not to take the deal. (I think the tickets were about 70% off!) We also got pulled into seeing a show at the Laugh Factory by some street ticket sellers. We also got a good deal on those tickets (half-off), but I wouldn't recommend the show to everyone. The language is definitely NOT the best. So beware!



So we ate some of the BEST PIZZA of our LIVES!! And I was feeling sick and dehydrated that night, so Adam went and got some for me while I laid on the bed! What an awesome lover!!! Okay, I was hoping we could remember the name, but we can't. (Adam finally woke up!) Well, maybe it was John's, but I doubt it. There are many good pizza places in NYC, though.

Another great pizza place to eat at is John's Pizzeria. Inside was just amazing, you feel almost like you are on the deck of a cruise ship or something, but it looks like a converted church in some parts. We were sitting at the top of the stairs...
http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/index2.htm


HALLOWEEN - 2007

I had bought this magazine a couple years ago with cool halloween ideas and I wanted to make this cake that appeared on the cover, but I'm a procrastinator, so two years later ....







... I made this cake. oooooh, spooooky! It was really fun! I guess to spoil the surprise, it wasn't entirely edible. The way the house is put together is with two 1/2 gallon milk cartons glued together with frosting, with Keebler elf chocolate cookies making the sides and roof, and two empty paper towel rolls with chocolate frosting on them and two cones on top to make the turrets. Yes, I killed the magic. It was really fun making the Nutter Butter ghosts. Maybe another year I'll make the cake completely edible. Anyway, the non-edible-ness of the cake kept me from eating it! So that was good!

1 comment:

Sarah Welsh said...

You are SO creative & talented, the cake looks AMAZING!!! I should have you make our birthday cakes from now on!