Monday, May 3, 2010

Visiting Krista in October

Haha, she didn't know I was pregnant. (Or she didn't say anything if she figured it out.) Well I was kinda sneaky. I knew I wasn't going to see my fam until Thanksgiving, which was about 12 weeks along for me anyway. Finishing the first trimester is a good time to start announcing, in case a spontaneous abortion happens.

And I didn't want to tell people until my family knew, so that's how it all kinda worked out. We did tell Adam's family at a dinner a few weeks earlier than Thanksgiving, but still, I wanted my family to hear from us in person that I was pregnant and not leaked from facebook or something. So I kept it from my friends and coworkers. My coworkers were especially shocked. Fortunately I only threw up a few times at work, and while I was already in the bathroom, so they didn't have to see me spew or anything.

But I miserably digress. Onto the photos!

Adam and I visited Krista, her husband Brad, and their cute little girl Abigail! We had a lot of fun, and we went to Churchhill Downs, where the running of the Kentucky Derby happens! And we just watched that recently on tv! Way to go, Super Saver!

Churchhill Downs with the Christensens!






The Stables!



One cute bunch!






The race track!

1 comment:

The Christensen's said...

That was such a fun time!! I didn't know you were pregnant, although afterwards a few of the things you did made sense once I found out! Good luck with these last few weeks! I was exactly in your place last year at this time! Crazy to think a whole year has gone by. Love ya tons! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!!!