Monday, March 7, 2011

Going To The Zoo

I guess I must post while I'm in a good mood, to counteract all these downer posts I've been posting. I used to pride myself on being a cheerful, optimistic person a lot of the time, but I don't know if I've been living up to that since I've had a baby and lost valuable hours of sleep.

Anyway, I am happy right now! Adeline did an amazing stretch of sleep last night, took an almost 2-hour long nap this morning, and then napped one-and-a-half-hours in the afternoon. And now she has been down pretty well tonight (not the recently typical waking every half-hour, boy did that suck!).

We went to the zoo with some friends and had a grand old time! I wanted to post some fun pictures of our escapades, because bed is calling and I better work fast!

Going to the Monkey House with Friends!




Rhetorical Question: Who doesn't like watching those funny monkeys?



Babies And Ladies Having Fun!



Off-roading with the strollers = FUN!



Adeline picks and eats the grass. Mmm, fiber.




What a sweetheart!



Looking at the fishies



Look! A hippo swimming by.




I forgot to blog about this, but it's on facebook. Tori, Emily, and I at the 4-mile cave run, in the DARK! We are hardcore! (Well, maybe Emily and Tori are. I hope to be again!)




Our shoes are disgusting. Did I mention there were obstacles? Like climbing a sand wall and running through a muddy pond?



In case you don't believe it, I have run a marathon (the LA marathon):



(Okay, I ran the 1/2 marathon, and walked/ran the rest. It still counts! And I trained hard, I was running complete 10Ks about twice or three times a week to train. I was in some good shape!)


And rollerbladed a marathon (Long Beach, oh how I miss California):

Before:



During:



NERD POSE!



After:



My running chica friend Hina talks me into these things.


I hope to get into better shape again.

I feel motivated by the possibility of having another baby. I need to get this stuff off so I'm not as big as a whale for my next pregnancy. I am also annoyed about going on birth control when I was first married. It made me moody and it made my boobs and butt get big! Grrr! I think it was causing problems in my leg muscles, I would have weird pains which I am guessing could be clotting or deep vein thrombosis. It freaked me out, so I stopped running. I got off the birth control but the weight did not want to budge. I used to run a lot during our summer in Iowa but the weight would not budge and I felt like it was doing damage to my knees, which it probably was. Now I've been having knee problems in St Louis. Oh well, life sucks. I have started running again. I went running the other night when Adeline was driving us insane, thanks to Adam for watching her. It helped me get out my frustration and anger that I was having with a baby that decided that she should wake up every half-hour from 7pm to midnight, and then a few more times in the middle of the night.

Yes I am a Mommy! How are you?

No comments: