Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby Picture Sidebar Lusting

This is probably one of my more trite posts (okay, stupider), but I want to get one of those cool baby picture sidebars that show what Adeline looked like at 1 month, and 2 months, and 3 months, ... and a year, etc. Those are sooo darn cute! I'll have to get on that!

I don't know if it will happen anytime soon. And I want it to be PERFECT. I want to pick the perfect photos, and also do the detective work to make sure the picture I'm posting is true to the age, because a lot of my photos are just kind of mashed together in the same "summer2010" folder, so it could be a range of 4 months or so. I will probably end up spending WAY too much time on getting it right, and it will probably be viewed by no one but me. Ah, the curse of perfectionism. I'm on a slow recovery to being more realistic. I think that having kids especially forces that upon a person. I know just getting the blasted thing done, albeit a little bit crappily, but not wasting too much time on it, is key. That must be my mantra.

Other wrenches in the works are that I'm still trying to make Christmas presents for people, and I'm helping to watch my sister-in-law's children and help make dinner and unload/load the dishwasher and watch my own little one, get caught up on my blog posts (I've got a great Six Flags one that's almost done!), and also I'm trying to add musical numbers and performances, and THEN Physics and Calculus tutoring into the mix. I don't know if I'll be able to pull it all off.

I guess I should really focus on the things that will help make us money, the tutoring. We are in need. If we want to be able to have just enough to help us move to whatever magical spot that Adam will get employment, we will be needing a few more thousand dollars. If anything, the move we did from California to Missouri showed us that moving is NOT CHEAP. We spent at least $4,000 on the moving van and the diesel gas. Ahh! The gas was a nightmare! It was the summer of 2008 and diesel was peaking around $5.00 a gallon, and the moving truck got barely 10 miles to the gallon! Horrors! Horrors!

I think we realized that in that case, it would have been cheaper for us to sell or donate a lot of our furniture and then buy it when we got here in St Louis, for those insane prices. Yeesh.

I still want my picture sidebar! Will someone make it for me for Christmas??? Pretty please?

Love,
Danelle

No comments: